The Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam Tour with Adventure Tours is a truly amazing day.
This is the real Colorado River raft and Hoover Dam tour! Your journey begins with a 12-mile, three and a half-hour raft trip down the calm waters of the Colorado River to Willow Beach, Arizona.
- Includes free hotel pick-up, continental breakfast, lunch, and unlimited snacks
- Departs at 8 a.m.
- Returns at 5:30 p.m.
- Operates daily (February-November); Wednesdays and Saturdays (December and January)
This soft adventure gently flows from the base of the Hoover Dam, affording a view and perspective of the Dam available nowhere else. Along the way, expert guides point out the soaring birds of prey, the gravity defying bighorn sheep, and the unexpected waterfalls and bubbling hot springs on this Colorado River rafting trip from Vegas. Lunch is served on a romantic sandy beach along the river.
We then arrive at Willow Beach, where you board one of our Luxury 4x4s or custom VIP mini coaches for a beautiful and scenic drive back to Hoover Dam. The Hoover Dam interior/exterior tour includes the Visitor Center and Historic Displays, views from the interior base of the Dam into the Generator Room, the fascinating Hoover Dam Movie, with ample time for breathtaking views from the top of the Dam and Lake Mead, the world’s largest man-made lake and the eastern edge of the chasm in Arizona where you have fabulous elevated views of the Dam, including Lake Mead. In addition, there are wonderful photo ops of the new Hoover Dam Bridge.
Before returning to Las Vegas on this full-day rafting and Hoover Dam tour, we stop at a local park where herds of big horn sheep often come down from the surrounding mountains to gather and graze on the sweet grass.
- Tour Times and Stops
- Operates: Daily February – November; December and January on Wednesday and Saturdays
- Departs: Approximately 8 a.m.
- Return time: Approximately 5:30 p.m.
- Free pick-up at hotel
- Colorado River Raft Tour
- Lunch on a romantic beach
- Hoover Dam Interior/Exterior Tour
- A fun big horn sheep stop at a local park
- Travel and Amenities
- Includes lunch + unlimited bottled water and snacks
- Vehicles used (company’s choice): Seven-passenger 4×4 SUVs, 12-passenger VIP mini-coaches, or 14-passenger VIP touring class mini-coaches
- Gratuity not included
- What to Wear
- Hiking or athletic walking shoes
- Temperatures are cooler from October – February, so long pants and a warm jacket are appropriate
- March – September temperatures are warm where shorts, hats, and a light shirt are comfortable