Bryce Canyon is an extraordinary sight, a highlight in the traveler’s journey. The views are truly breathtaking.
Artists and photographers have been drawn to Zion for decades in an effort to capture its infinite variety of moods.
- Includes free hotel pick-up, lunch, and unlimited snacks
- Departs at 7 a.m.
- Returns at 6:30 p.m.
- Operates Tuesdays and Thursdays
Zion National Park, just 163 miles from Las Vegas is located near Springdale, Utah, and covers 229 sq. miles (590 km2) at the junction of the Colorado Plateau, Great Basin, and Mojave Desert regions. The park’s unique geography and variety of life zones allow for unusual plant and animal diversity. The primary feature of the park is Zion Canyon, which is 15 miles (24 km) long and up to half a mile (800 m) deep, cut through the sandstone by the North Fork of the Virgin River.
On this tour of Zion National Park, common daytime animal sightings include mule deer, rock squirrels, pinyon jays, as well as whiptail and collared lizards. Other animals known in the park include desert cottontails, jackrabbits, and Merriam’s kangaroo rats that come out at night. Cougars, coyotes, gray foxes, and ring-tail cats are the top predators. The park is home to 289 bird, 79 mammal, 28 reptile, seven fish, and six amphibian species. Golden eagles, red-tailed hawks, peregrine falcons, and white-throated swifts can be seen in the area. California condors and bighorn sheep were reintroduced in the 1990s. 19 species of bat also live in the area.
Notable geographical features of the park which leave visitors in awe include the Virgin River Narrows, Emerald Pools, Hidden Canyon, Angels Landing, The Great White Throne, Checkerboard Mesa, The Three Patriarchs, and Kolob Arch. The geology of the Zion and Kolob canyons area includes nine formations that together represent 150 million years of mostly Mesozoic-aged sedimentation. This entire area was truly created by the hand of God.
Zion National Park Tour
The incredible landscape of Zion is a magnificent display of beauty that is a perpetual source of inspiration and renewal for all. Zion is a spiritual experience that will forever move you.
- Tour Times and Points of Interest
- Operates: Tuesdays & Thursdays or any day with a combined group of six or more, call for any day availability.
- Departure: Approximately 7 a.m.
- Return time: Approximately 6:30 p.m.
- Free pick-up at hotel
- Zion and all its wonderful viewpoints
- Checkerboard Mesa
- Virgin River
- Zion Canyon Scenic Drive
- Mountain Tunnel
- Travel and Amenities
- Includes: Lunch + unlimited bottled water and snacks
- Vehicles used (company’s choice): Seven-passenger Luxury 4×4 SUVs, 12-passenger VIP Mini-coaches, or 14-passenger VIP Touring Class mini-coaches
- Gratuity not included on this tour of Zion from Las Vegas
- What to Wear
- Hiking or athletic walking shoes
- Temperatures are cooler from October – February, so long pants and a warm jacket are appropriate
- March – September temperatures are warm where shorts, hats, and a light shirt are comfortable