The Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam Tour with Adventure Tours is a truly amazing day.
Located on the Colorado River, the Hoover Dam is the highest structure of its kind in the world.
- Includes free hotel pick-up and unlimited snacks
- Departs at 11:30 a.m.
- Returns at 5:30 p.m.
- Operates daily
The Hoover Dam is an outstanding achievement, nearly 100 years old, noteworthy not only for its enormous dimensions, complex design and intricate construction, but also for its illustration of man’s outstanding ability to overcome the desert’s summer sun, the dangers of a treacherous river, and the extreme hazards of great heights on the canyon’s sheer walls.
This Vegas Hoover Dam tour includes the Visitor Center and Historic Displays, views from the interior base of the dam into the Generator Room, the fascinating Hoover Dam Movie, with ample time for breathtaking views from the top of the Dam, Lake Mead, the world’s largest man-made lake, and the eastern edge of the chasm in Arizona where you have fabulous views of the dam including Lake Mead. In addition, there are wonderful photo ops of the new Hoover Dam Bridge.
Before returning to Las Vegas after our tour of the incredible Hoover Dam, we stop at a local park known for having herds of big horn sheep come down from the surrounding mountains to gather and graze on the sweet grass.
Hoover Dam Tour
Save your spot on this VIP Hoover Dam Tour from Las Vegas with Adventure Tours! We depart mid-morning and have you back in Vegas in time for dinner and a show – making the perfect day of sightseeing a famous attraction and enjoying the nightlife in the city.
- Tour Times and Points of Interest
- Operates Daily
- Departure: Approximately 11:30 a.m.
- Return time: Approximately 5:30 p.m.
- Pick up at hotel
- Hoover Dam
- Hoover Dam Visitor Center
- Hoover Dam Generator Room
- Hoover Dam Movie
- Views at Top of Hoover Dam, Lake Mead
- Hoover Dam Bridge (photo ops)
- A fun stop at a local park to see wild big horn sheep
- Travel and Amenities
- Includes unlimited bottled water and snacks
- Vehicles used (company’s choice): Seven-passenger 4×4 SUVs, 12-passenger VIP mini-coaches, or 14-passenger VIP touring class mini-coaches
- Gratuity not included
- What to Wear
- Hiking or athletic walking shoes
- Temperatures are cooler from October – February, so long pants and a warm jacket are appropriate
- March – September temperatures are warm where shorts, hats, and a light shirt are comfortable